• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat 11/5-11/7

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
think a moderate risk area is now out of the question.... begin to wonder...
It's just one run & one model. I suggest waiting for some more consistency and agreement before jumping off the cliff ;)

Is there potential for junk convection to decrease the risk for eastern portions of Dixie? It looks like CIN is pretty low while the LLJ is belting in the moisture.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
It's just one run & one model. I suggest waiting for some more consistency and agreement before jumping off the cliff ;)

Is there potential for junk convection to decrease the risk for eastern portions of Dixie? It looks like CIN is pretty low while the LLJ is belting in the moisture.

Junk convection chances look low.. the NAM really has just been odd this morning. I think it's a bad run for now.

X

Xenesthis

Latest sounding off the NAM Tuesday morning at 9am in Murfreesboro TN

Attachments

• BD9148AE-0B62-42B8-8734-E82BF29CE544.jpeg
    BD9148AE-0B62-42B8-8734-E82BF29CE544.jpeg
    1,004.2 KB · Views: 0

Frogge

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
From what I am hearing the EURO still shows a very strong system. Does not cave to the NAM

Frogge

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Euro is stronger than pervious Euro. NAM is by itself..... Given the past few years history I would bet something around the Euro will verify

Last edited:
Reaction score
Even with the less impressive 12Z NAM, 1KM EHIs are still around 1.5 in N. AL and that's at 06Z-09Z Tuesday morning. The biggest fly in the ointment I've been seeing on forecast soundings are the lapse rates, which are generally <6.5 degrees C/km at any level. Generally in cool season/overnight events you want very cold air aloft to make up for the relatively less surface moisture/diurnal heating to get them to pan out.

Kory

Reaction score
Even with the less impressive 12Z NAM, 1KM EHIs are still around 1.5 in N. AL and that's at 06Z-09Z Tuesday morning. The biggest fly in the ointment I've been seeing on forecast soundings are the lapse rates, which are generally <6.5 degrees C/km at any level. Generally in cool season/overnight events you want very cold air aloft to make up for the relatively less surface moisture/diurnal heating to get them to pan out.
There's some pretty solid low level moisture advection across all models (upper 60s to near 70 degree dew points). I don't think that will be too much of an issue.