• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

This severe weather season will be?

• Much Above Average

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Above Average

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Average

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Below Average

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Much Below Average

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevo

Reaction score
Texas/Oklahoma looks to have impressive instability (2000-4000+, in some cases almost 5000 CAPE) for Tuesday afternoon/overnight. I think the main concern at this time has been touted as large to giant hail and winds, but some soundings indicate tornado potential. The amount of shear seems pretty inconsistent as of now though. For the second time in a week, the gulf is just spewing 70s+ dews into north and central Texas...hopefully the cap holds again.

Bevo

Reaction score
Here comes May. Next week looks like it could get kinda busy, possibly some mid-Great Plains/Tennessee valley action according to Euro and GFS. Big differences in timing and intensity though, to be expected this far out.

Jacob

Reaction score
I think 2011 might have skewed perspectives, this would probably be the most remarkable April of the 2000s aside from that singular year

I think that is a very fair assessment.

EW9BPubXsAIOBh7

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I think those numbers are for the single 24 hour period defined by convective outlooks, with the last few '74 tornadoes the following morning after the threshold

Likewise for 4/27… the whole morning round would technically count as being during the 4/26 convective outlook period for that, which I THINK is 7am to 7am

Last edited:

Brice

Reaction score
Tornado Outlook for May: Early May isn't looking favorable for significant severe outbreaks as the trough will be over the Mid-Atlantic most of the time. Once May 13th comes around, and past that, there will be a few pretty favorable chances for tornadoes as a trough will dig into the Southwest and curve it's way Northeast through the Southern parts (Texas, Oklahoma) of Tornado Alley. (This is a broad view so most likely, changes will be made)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back