Logo 468x120

Severe WX Sunday March 3 Severe Threat

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Storm NE of Tallahassee tightened up big time with an intense couplet...

Aaaand big time debris sig and debris ball

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
65+ dBZ debris ball on that one E of Tallahassee on I-10, this event just doesn't want to stop.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looking like they're rapidly becoming discrete cells only slightly embedded in a line. Unreal.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad situation in Cairo, GA right now. Widespread damage being reported throughout the town, volunteers needed.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Luckily, Monticello couplet collapsed right before reaching town, and the debris sig is much broader... no doubt debris is probably falling but the tornado might not be still down

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
SPC not gonna extend watches, expects things to become tamer to the east... not sure if I fully buy that given what's happened, but, we'll see

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Death toll is expected to rise to at least 20, WRBL news reporter reports.
And this is without even hearing anything about the tornadoes in south Georgia and north Florida. Last I heard there were no confirmed injuries and deaths in Cairo but there were lots of structures destroyed with entrapments.

Do we have any word on casualties in Talbotton? I suppose I'm the one who should be plugged in to local news in central GA but I haven't seen anything yet. The damage was obviously quite bad so I was really worried.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Wow. This is like three or four miles from my parents' house. I hate that they had to scare all the cats for nothing but I'm glad they took it seriously and went to shelter. They dodged a bullet (thankfully I haven't heard anything about fatalities so far, just one woman with a broken leg)

Back