• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

This severe weather season will be?

• Much Above Average

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Above Average

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Average

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Below Average

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Much Below Average

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevo

Reaction score
I'm concerned about the amount of heated Gulf moisture we've been getting this year in the eastern parts of Texas that spills up into east Oklahoma. With some southern winds going you can easily get 70s+ dews in some parts. The first half of the month may shape up to be quiet, but once the pattern switches up I wonder if the next area to watch will be here. I hope not!!

Brice

Reaction score
I'm concerned about the amount of heated Gulf moisture we've been getting this year in the eastern parts of Texas that spills up into east Oklahoma. With some southern winds going you can easily get 70s+ dews in some parts. The first half of the month may shape up to be quiet, but once the pattern switches up I wonder if the next area to watch will be here. I hope not!!

East Oklahoma, most of the time, sees strong to violent tornadoes too.

andyhb

Reaction score
Nashville is going to take the apex of that bow-echo head on.

bwalk

Reaction score
The bow echo continues to hold together as it approaches Cookeville and parts N and S. Not as strong as it was pre-Nashville but still packing ground winds probably in the 50+mph area in some sections of the bow.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Some wind damage reports in and around Huntsville, including a fairly decent sized tree that fell onto my parents house in SW Huntsville.

Bevo

Reaction score
Latest SPC Day 1 outlook has a 10% hatched sig-severe strong tornado risk for the intersection of Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Arkansas.
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 11.58.04.png
Includes:
Springfield, MO
Fayetteville, AR
Springdale, AR
Joplin, MO
Rogers, AR
Juuust outside of Tulsa, OK so they should probably keep their eyes peeled too.

bwalk

Reaction score
Latest SPC Day 1 outlook has a 10% hatched sig-severe strong tornado risk for the intersection of Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Arkansas.
View attachment 3092
Includes:
Springfield, MO
Fayetteville, AR
Springdale, AR
Joplin, MO
Rogers, AR
Juuust outside of Tulsa, OK so they should probably keep their eyes peeled too.

Chaser talk has been identifying Joplin, Mo as the best target. Large hail appears to be a bigger threat.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Last edited:

bwalk

Reaction score
I remember reading the Talkweather thread as the tornado headed for Greensburg that night. I think it was a Friday night and several folks on here called it as an F4/F5 capable tornado as it approached Greensburg. After it hit I remember chasers saying "We need all the medical help we can get in Greensboro now!"'

It's been so long I might be mistaken about it being talkweather. It could have been another site (StormTrack).
1588622953948.png

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
I remember reading the Talkweather thread as the tornado headed for Greensburg that night. I think it was a Friday night and several folks on here called it as an F4/F5 capable tornado as it approached Greensburg. After it hit I remember chasers saying "We need all the medical help we can get in Greensboro now!"'

It's been so long I might be mistaken about it being talkweather. It could have been another site (StormTrack).
View attachment 3095
If I remember correctly this tornado was also moving at a snails pace which made the damage even more significant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back