• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

This severe weather season will be?

• Much Above Average

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Above Average

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Average

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Below Average

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Much Below Average

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Haha yeah barely rained in Addison after the midday showers. Just some light sprinkles and a breeze.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
If you are interested in going to a Storm spotters course but can never seem to make it to them. The NWS in Mobile is hosting one online from 12 to 2 Thursday, February 13th.

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
one mean looking severe weather threat showing up on gfs and now euro within range... plenty ensemble support... that's a very dangerous trough configuration showing on most models... this threat still little ways out... but the support is scary. shear and plenty cape showing this far out

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KM4JKH
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
one mean looking severe weather threat showing up on gfs and now euro within range... plenty ensemble support... that's a very dangerous trough configuration showing on most models... this threat still little ways out... but the support is scary. shear and plenty cape showing this far out

How far out?

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
How far out?
the gfs has been incredible consistent with the system for 3 or 4 days in row... now the euro is getting in range though its 9 and 10 day look. just now within 240hrs... but whats even little more alarming is the ensemble support its got, and with the weather at a boring state now, im feeling pretty confident this system will be the next weather maker that will be followed and talked about on the weather forums.

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KM4JKH
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
the gfs has been incredible consistent with the system for 3 or 4 days in row... now the euro is getting in range though its 9 and 10 day look. just now within 240hrs... but whats even little more alarming is the ensemble support its got, and with the weather at a boring state now, im feeling pretty confident this system will be the next weather maker that will be followed and talked about on the weather forums.
Thanks. Where do you normally go for your ensemble data?

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I agree there’s potential this period, but there’s a lot of quite outcomes and nothing has caught fire for a guaranteed significant event yet. I see plenty of spread in the ensembles and models.

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score
I agree there’s potential this period, but there’s a lot of quite outcomes and nothing has caught fire for a guaranteed significant event yet. I see plenty of spread in the ensembles and models.
This right here. There is a lot of spread in the ensembles from a nonevent to a significant severe wx event. I'm not sold on any particular outcome.

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This right here. There is a lot of spread in the ensembles from a nonevent to a significant severe wx event. I'm not sold on any particular outcome.
yeah but there is growing support of a significant event looming in the end month timeframe... as there is slightly over half the ensemble members showing now of a significant severe threat

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Let it get inside 5 days. I could see this trending away from something significant given the background state of +AAM.
agree kory.. just weather boring at the moment lol... but look at the euro today 240, pretty nasty look for the southern plains to begin this potentially active period towards end month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back