Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Below Average

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Much Below Average

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MichelleH

I think because of how the last two backpedaled from what was dubbed a significant event. This Tuesday/Wednesday event has some red flags with a heck of an EML and crazy shear values (similar to 1/10-1/11). I think moisture return is still questionable but we’re seeing a better signal for higher moisture return with models slowing this from Tuesday into Wednesday.
Alex Puckett at WHNT in Huntsville is already talking about the possibility next week and wrote a blog post about it.

Looking like Central Alabama is going to finish winter without any measurable snow.
We had a pretty good run during the 2010's with some decent snowfalls, at least here along the northern edge of Central Alabama. I wonder if we are heading back into a pattern of winters with little to no snow. Was it December of 2017 when we had our last decent one?

pritchlaw

We had a pretty good run during the 2010's with some decent snowfalls, at least here along the northern edge of Central Alabama. I wonder if we are heading back into a pattern of winters with little to no snow. Was it December of 2017 when we had our last decent one?
We had one then for sure according to my Facebook memories the ladt couple of days. Ladt February was very warm though.

akt1985

Some weather futures guy from Cantor Fitzgerald that was this week’s guest talking about the same pattern that brought the October tornadoes in Dallas and the December 16th tornadoes of last year predicted the same MJO phase would conclude with severe weather on or around April 10th. You can make and place bets on weather.

Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
Some weather futures guy from Cantor Fitzgerald that was this week’s guest talking about the same pattern that brought the October tornadoes in Dallas and the December 16th tornadoes of last year predicted the same MJO phase would conclude with severe weather on or around April 10th. You can make and place bets on weather.
whats the over and under for tornadoes in the south this spring?

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
not trying to sound like a smart alleck but predicting tornadoes "on or around" any date in April in the southeast isn't exactly stepping out on a limb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)