• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive Severe Potential 4/3-4/4

Reaction score
More damage photos out of Hardin County. Looking like EF1/low-end EF2 damage.
611_0bf31eb99bffce59de447b6b0930f43d.png
upload_2018-4-3_23-3-37.png

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Someone reported they saw a funnel cloud near elgin. I am wondering what they actually saw.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
72 mph gust at Pryor Field in Decatur

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So is there a chart somewhere that shows the number/severity of reports needed for verification of the risk categories/probabilities? Like, I guess my question is how many wind damage reports do you need to verify a wind-driven moderate risk?

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Tree through the window of the law library at Indiana University. Hope there's not too much damage around campus, it's a really beautiful place.

EDIT: Also sounds like there are quite a few places where the power is out across northern Alabama. I've seen Madison and Cullman mentioned specifically.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like a tree has crashed into some apartments in South Huntsville

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Brother says power is out in Cullman even though the storm was pretty mild. Here, there were some fairly strong initial gusts, but died down pretty fast with just lots of lightning and rain afterwards. Thank goodness for some weakening along this part of the line.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Goodness. A good bit of structural (mainly roof and sign) damage in a small swath around Parkland shopping center in Jasper, with part of the old Sears building being heavily damaged. Seems like a very significant area of wind hit there, though here, only a few miles away, impact was rather limited. This is going to be very interesting to see come morning. Downburst or quick spin-up tornado, either way, I am pretty shocked it got that bad so close by.

Back