• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We would love for you to become a part of our community.
    Take a moment to look around and join the discussion.
    CLICK HERE TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive Severe Potential 4/3-4/4 (1 Viewer)

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
2020 Supporter
Technical Admin
Someone reported they saw a funnel cloud near elgin. I am wondering what they actually saw.

warneagle

Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
So is there a chart somewhere that shows the number/severity of reports needed for verification of the risk categories/probabilities? Like, I guess my question is how many wind damage reports do you need to verify a wind-driven moderate risk?

warneagle

Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
Tree through the window of the law library at Indiana University. Hope there's not too much damage around campus, it's a really beautiful place.

EDIT: Also sounds like there are quite a few places where the power is out across northern Alabama. I've seen Madison and Cullman mentioned specifically.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Looks like a tree has crashed into some apartments in South Huntsville

Equus

Brother says power is out in Cullman even though the storm was pretty mild. Here, there were some fairly strong initial gusts, but died down pretty fast with just lots of lightning and rain afterwards. Thank goodness for some weakening along this part of the line.

Equus

Goodness. A good bit of structural (mainly roof and sign) damage in a small swath around Parkland shopping center in Jasper, with part of the old Sears building being heavily damaged. Seems like a very significant area of wind hit there, though here, only a few miles away, impact was rather limited. This is going to be very interesting to see come morning. Downburst or quick spin-up tornado, either way, I am pretty shocked it got that bad so close by.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)