• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

2019 Hurricane Season

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Increasing ensemble support for a Gulf storm late next week.

I was just looking at that. Possible target is the Louisiana Mississippi coastline. But it is way to early to get into all that just something to keep an eye on. Possible development near the Bahamas then moves into the Gulf.

Reaction score
The previous post could potentially be very ironic in that I had a dream last night where there were literally 5 storms in the Atlantic at the same time. Ironically 1 of them formed near the Bahamas and made landfall as a hurricane in South Florida. Another one hit the Yucatán Peninsula. A third one hit the gulf coast. Of course dreams are dreams and don’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but I just found it interesting this post came up the morning after.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The previous post could potentially be very ironic in that I had a dream last night where there were literally 5 storms in the Atlantic at the same time. Ironically 1 of them formed near the Bahamas and made landfall as a hurricane in South Florida. Another one hit the Yucatán Peninsula. A third one hit the gulf coast. Of course dreams are dreams and don’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but I just found it interesting this post came up the morning after.
The GFS has taken over your subconscious.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
GFS is not the only signal for something to watch.

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The 06z OP GFS has an interesting solution. It forms a weak storm off Texas by next Saturday, goes into Arkansas, then the energy drifts back into the gulf and reforms into a bit stronger storm and moves toward Tampa at the end of the run. Too far out to put any faith into it, but interesting nonetheless. Reminds me of Ivan in 2004 where a piece of energy came back down, crossed Florida and regenerated into a depression.

Reaction score
I would look for that first week of September to become very active. Changes are progressing slowly, but it does seem the environment is improving ever so slightly with each passing day. I could see something similar to the 2010 season, but with slightly less storms where most of the activity was confined to September.

Kory

Reaction score
And the Atlantic comes to life. 98L over South Florida will have a brief opportunity to strengthen into a classified system. But, I'm more intrigued with 99L between Cape Verde islands and the Lesser Antilles. Guidance is particularly aggressive with that one and the track has more potential for strengthening and potential issues down the road with the U.S.

Reaction score
And the Atlantic comes to life. 98L over South Florida will have a brief opportunity to strengthen into a classified system. But, I'm more intrigued with 99L between Cape Verde islands and the Lesser Antilles. Guidance is particularly aggressive with that one and the track has more potential for strengthening and potential issues down the road with the U.S.

Yep. Euro brings a system somewhere between Louisiana and the Panhandle around August 31st and September 1st.

Kory

Reaction score
Yep. Euro brings a system somewhere between Louisiana and the Panhandle around August 31st and September 1st.
It isn’t 99L though. That is some weird piece of energy that breaks off the trough that sweeps 98L and future Dorian out to sea. It retrogrades it over Florida and into the Gulf.

Euro develops 99L but quickly weakens it.

Reaction score
It isn’t 99L though. That is some weird piece of energy that breaks off the trough that sweeps 98L and future Dorian out to sea. It retrogrades it over Florida and into the Gulf.

Euro develops 99L but quickly weakens it.

Kind of reminds of the piece of energy now that is not expected to develop in the Gulf. I agree with you on the future Dorian in the central Atlantic. I think Haiti will crush it. Still some uncertainty so we’ll see.

Reaction score
Two other systems to watch. The one near Africa is a fish, but the one in the gulf bears watching as it will be moving slowly and I would suspect the shear might relax in the western Gulf. Something else to keep an eye on.

Kory

Reaction score
We’ve got a little home brew in the Gulf today. Weak system will move into Mexico.

Oh, we are barely done for the season.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
GFS, and EURO showing signs of a long tracker from the eastern Atlantic to the western Atlantic within the next 14 days.

Back