• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We would love for you to become a part of our community.
    Take a moment to look around and join the discussion.
    CLICK HERE TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2019 Hurricane Season (1 Viewer)

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Technical Admin
Special Affiliations
HAM Callsign
W4TFO
Increasing ensemble support for a Gulf storm late next week.

I was just looking at that. Possible target is the Louisiana Mississippi coastline. But it is way to early to get into all that just something to keep an eye on. Possible development near the Bahamas then moves into the Gulf.

The previous post could potentially be very ironic in that I had a dream last night where there were literally 5 storms in the Atlantic at the same time. Ironically 1 of them formed near the Bahamas and made landfall as a hurricane in South Florida. Another one hit the Yucatán Peninsula. A third one hit the gulf coast. Of course dreams are dreams and don’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but I just found it interesting this post came up the morning after.

warneagle

Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
The previous post could potentially be very ironic in that I had a dream last night where there were literally 5 storms in the Atlantic at the same time. Ironically 1 of them formed near the Bahamas and made landfall as a hurricane in South Florida. Another one hit the Yucatán Peninsula. A third one hit the gulf coast. Of course dreams are dreams and don’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but I just found it interesting this post came up the morning after.
The GFS has taken over your subconscious.

MattW

Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
The 06z OP GFS has an interesting solution. It forms a weak storm off Texas by next Saturday, goes into Arkansas, then the energy drifts back into the gulf and reforms into a bit stronger storm and moves toward Tampa at the end of the run. Too far out to put any faith into it, but interesting nonetheless. Reminds me of Ivan in 2004 where a piece of energy came back down, crossed Florida and regenerated into a depression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)