• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Weather Banter

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Graphic courtesy of the Las Vegas office of the NWS. It got pretty warm in Death Valley today

1597632640951.png

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This is not something you see every day:

Getting crazy out there! Shaping up to be an interesting weather year with derechos, hurricanes and let's not forget the firenado warning. Also, thank you @bjdeming for becoming a sustaining member! We really appreciate your support.

Reactions: KoD

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
On the bright side, it was a very pretty sunset here last night. I can't even imagine how bad the air quality would be here if it weren't for COVID-related shutdowns decreasing traffic.

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Getting crazy out there! Shaping up to be an interesting weather year with derechos, hurricanes and let's not forget the firenado warning. Also, thank you @bjdeming for becoming a sustaining member! We really appreciate your support.

Blush.

You're welcome. Can't imagine weather-watching without Talkweather. Thanks to you, Wes, and everyone else who makes this happen. :)

In terms of the smoke, once the wreck along the coast that's presently unfolding is done :( and former Laura gets picked up by the westerlies, I really wonder about the effects of all those extra condensation nuclei, particularly in steep terrain.

Laura is not a Camille, and the atmosphere is different, but I hope there isn't a repeat anywhere of what happened afterward in Virginia in 1969.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Blush.

You're welcome. Can't imagine weather-watching without Talkweather. Thanks to you, Wes, and everyone else who makes this happen. :)

Yes, thank you for your help!

Fred Gossage

Meteorologist
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
This time last week, most of the models except the Euro had us just about to get down to the mid/upper 70s for highs. Fast forward a week, and I have 89-91 in my forecast for the next couple of days. :rolleyes: Never believe the "first" fall cold front. This mess is why I don't have hair...

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Woke up this morning a beautiful sunny morning with a comfy 70-degree walk with the dog. I love summer but also love that first hint of fall here in Arkansas. Hopefully, you guys in Alabama get a break soon.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
7C760E2C-69C7-42FD-B7E9-FBE95577A445.png

Jacob

Reaction score
Is there a record for largest margin while breaking a record? Heh. Bozeman, MT broke their daily record low today by 31°F. Bozeman, MT's record low for today was previously 11°F, but today they dipped down to -20°F

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
When did Rich Johnson come to WAAY? He was on the weather channel for a long time.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
High winds in NYC creates a new heavy metal rock anthem at Verrazano Bridge

Back