• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We would love for you to become a part of our community.
    Take a moment to look around and join the discussion.
    CLICK HERE TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Weather Banter (3 Viewers)

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Graphic courtesy of the Las Vegas office of the NWS. It got pretty warm in Death Valley today

1597632640951.png

WesL

Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Administrator
2020 Supporter
Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
This is not something you see every day:

Getting crazy out there! Shaping up to be an interesting weather year with derechos, hurricanes and let's not forget the firenado warning. Also, thank you @bjdeming for becoming a sustaining member! We really appreciate your support.

Reactions: KoD

warneagle

Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
On the bright side, it was a very pretty sunset here last night. I can't even imagine how bad the air quality would be here if it weren't for COVID-related shutdowns decreasing traffic.

bjdeming

2020 Supporter
Getting crazy out there! Shaping up to be an interesting weather year with derechos, hurricanes and let's not forget the firenado warning. Also, thank you @bjdeming for becoming a sustaining member! We really appreciate your support.
Blush.

You're welcome. Can't imagine weather-watching without Talkweather. Thanks to you, Wes, and everyone else who makes this happen. :)

In terms of the smoke, once the wreck along the coast that's presently unfolding is done :( and former Laura gets picked up by the westerlies, I really wonder about the effects of all those extra condensation nuclei, particularly in steep terrain.

Laura is not a Camille, and the atmosphere is different, but I hope there isn't a repeat anywhere of what happened afterward in Virginia in 1969.

WesL

Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Administrator
2020 Supporter
Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
Woke up this morning a beautiful sunny morning with a comfy 70-degree walk with the dog. I love summer but also love that first hint of fall here in Arkansas. Hopefully, you guys in Alabama get a break soon.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
7C760E2C-69C7-42FD-B7E9-FBE95577A445.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)