• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat - December 12-14, 2022

buckeye05

Reaction score
Hmmm yeah that looks like a TDS, but I'm not seeing much on velocity so I'm not 100% sure. Definitely might be related to proximity to the radar.

EDIT: Looks like a slight downtrend in overall presentation across the board.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hmmm yeah that looks like a TDS, but I'm not seeing much on velocity so I'm not 100% sure. Definitely might be related to proximity to the radar.

EDIT: Looks like a slight downtrend in overall presentation across the board.
Yep, disappeared with the next scan so if it was a tornado it was a brief one. Never any TORR wording on the warning either.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Was about to say the same thing, but seems to be losing it as it crosses into LA. Something seems like it’s not quite there to really get sustained rotation with these cells now.

Edit:aaaaand I may be about to eat crow
6B083F1B-DD7B-471D-96F5-CD03D7AF018F.png29A05726-A4AE-4413-8A72-45F9C706133A.png

Tennie

Reaction score
Yeah that is highly questionable

The warning text mentions that it's a law enforcement-confirmed tornado. I personally wouldn't be surprised to learn that some unfortunate police officer thought they saw a tornado...

Tennie

Reaction score
Geez what happened? Nothing looking healthy atm. Was expecting a much longer duration event.

My guess ATTM would be some kind of issue related to low-level instability (or lack thereof?).

Also, Ryan Hall had to cancel his planned stream due to issues with his internet connection.:(