• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat - December 12-14, 2022

OHWX97

Reaction score
A small tornado passed north of Colleyville, TX moments ago.
colleyville_50.png

buckeye05

Reaction score
This potential outbreak is already off to a nasty start. There was a CC drop in the Allen/Fairview, TX area not too long ago too.
Twitter showing considerable damage to businesses in Grapevine, and heavy damage to homes in Decatur right now.

Bevo

Reaction score
I feel like NTX/OK area overperformed. Seems like the expectation was that storms would grow upscale much faster but many of them remained semi-discrete for quite a while. Hate to see tornadoes blow through populated areas like this…

SmokeEater

Reaction score
I feel like NTX/OK area overperformed. Seems like the expectation was that storms would grow upscale much faster but many of them remained semi-discrete for quite a while. Hate to see tornadoes blow through populated areas like this…
Crazy part is this could have been MUCH worse if not for the cold front...

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Tennie

Reaction score
I'm seeing some possible rotation trying to form within the cell east of Mount Pleasant, TX.

Tennie

Reaction score
Got a pretty strong-looking area of rotation near Grapevine. TX. Unfortunately, the nearest radar site (KSHV) is over 90 nautical miles to the NE, making it extra-hard to tell from radar alone what's actually going on down there.

Back