• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather Threat 5/19-5/22/2024

Maxis_s

Reaction score
I might get some hate for this comment but I'm really not surprised a chaser died. I'm more surprised there weren't more chaser deaths for that tornado, in fact. Everyone was FAR too close to it and we've been getting exponentially more close calls the past few years from chasers being, frankly, really stupid. I still feel incredibly bad but it doesn't come as that much of a shock to me.

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Thread for Today/Tomorrow threats:

TheSuckZone

Reaction score
I might get some hate for this comment but I'm really not surprised a chaser died. I'm more surprised there weren't more chaser deaths for that tornado, in fact. Everyone was FAR too close to it and we've been getting exponentially more close calls the past few years from chasers being, frankly, really stupid. I still feel incredibly bad but it doesn't come as that much of a shock to me.
I'll agree. Horrible, horrible news but I can't say I'm surprised.

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

joshoctober16

Reaction score
Again, I would not go as far as to mentioning an EF-number nowadays.
also again.... the weather community has kind of become toxic in a way, yes there's them jerks that just want a EF5 to happen and want destruction yes i agree that's kind of messed up .... but we also have the opposite, the whole (how dare you question NWS rating) crowed, your like not allowed to speculate about a EF rating apparently and also treat like the NWS can do no wrong (villonia and metador...) however i find this bad for science we cant get accurate if we can not debate and challenge each other, its sad to see everyone be so scared to call anything a EF4-EF5.

jiharris0220

Reaction score
We have a thread for the greenfield tornado now.

This thread is getting to muddied with these discussions of it. The NWS has issued a tornado watch for central TX.

Back