• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat 2/27/17-3/2/17

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like there are some breaks in the clouds over at least parts of the warm sector. Should be enough to allow for some heating, right?

Reaction score
I hope for the best for folks in the Ohio Valley tonight, parameters and current events depict a significant event overnight. Given what happened here in southern MD on Saturday afternoon, I will be completely fine with an upscale growth to squash any threat for significant severe east of the Applachians tomorrow. Had several minutes of growing rumble/roar prior to storm then 3 minutes of sustained severe winds to hurricane winds with a significant long lived supercell. 90 mph confirmed F-1 tornado for 8 miles within 1/8 mile of my home. Pulsing level of roar and house shaking wind, never went below 55mph last Saturday just after 3pm. sorry for posting this late, and in this thread. This storm left an impression as strong as the 2002 LaPlata tornado which was far worse. The soundings from 4km NAM for southern MD, DC area have had an area that develops TOR/PDS TOR for late afternoon early evening tomorrow, in the usual southern MD locations.

Reaction score
I would think the LZK cap is eroding. The cap wouldn't take much for a surface based parcel to overcome...given continued heating (which has occured) and large scale ascent on the column.

Last edited:

TornadoFan

Reaction score
Near Cherryville, Missouri. Found on Twitter.
C5x_1UAUoAAdWUO.jpg:large

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm seeing some damage pictures out of Illinois

Logo 468x120
Back