• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat 11/5-11/7

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Natchitoches LA-Winn LA-
516 PM CST MON NOV 5 2018

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 600 PM CST FOR NORTH
CENTRAL NATCHITOCHES AND WEST CENTRAL WINN PARISHES...

At 515 PM CST, a confirmed tornado was located near Campti, or 7
miles northwest of Natchitoches, moving northeast at 30 mph.

1541460308006.png
1541460355773.png

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Mesoanalysis shows an STP of 5 in the area where those supercells are located. Also looks like there will be enough instability in place across NW Mississippi, already 500+ MLCAPE in some areas and that unstable air is still being transported north.

X

Xenesthis

So will this make it to southern middle TN? Seems like the main line is hanging back and may allow the unstable air to make it here

Reaction score
Looks like we are in a bit of a lull, all warnings have been allowed to expire, thankfully as the storms are moving into that radar hole. This first round was a bit of a surprise to me, and the best upper dynamics and surface cyclogenesis have yet to really kick in.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Looks like we are in a bit of a lull, all warnings have been allowed to expire, thankfully as the storms are moving into that radar hole. This first round was a bit of a surprise to me, and the best upper dynamics and surface cyclogenesis have yet to really kick in.

Still watching over here in Texas. Family in North and North Central MS as well as North AL.

Great job by you guys of laying things out for us who are not quite as educated as you in Meteorology,

X

Xenesthis

Well that answered my question... so basically the warm unstable air will make it

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Crazy temps are soaring in n.alabama. up about 4 degrees in the past hr. And a half.
Hsv Airport reporting 68F temps and 66F dewpoints (93% relative humidity)

X

Xenesthis

So are there storms expected to form ahead of the main line now?

Logo 468x120
Back