• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Event April 13-14, 2019

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
It did survive. It may have blipped though because I went through several updates before I received any feed from it

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
With helicity values as insane as they are up this way, I guess it's somewhat understandable, but I did NOT expect this thing to break free of the line and do... that

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Inflow is basically maxed out on that storm. Just...wow. Really hope it doesn't find its way into any populated areas because that's probably a violent tornado.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Given how intense this line is, who else is getting 4/27 morning-round flashbacks? Not gonna happen again but I haven't seen a broken line that absurdly spinny in a very long time

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Very long tracked strong signature NE of Laurel still going strong; could have a decently long tracked tor out of that one

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm afraid given parameters that the storms moving into Pickens might do the same thing as that KGWX monster, hopefully they stay relatively linear and don't try to separate because any isolated storm in this environment is bad news.

Also, is someone DVRing the coverage for future uploads? I no longer have a DVR lol

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
They Warned Marion County but it is to the west and moving N/NE

Back