• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Event April 13-14, 2019

Blizzard1

Reaction score
SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SOUTHWESTERN JEFFERSON COUNTY
UNTIL 700 PM CDT...

At 629 PM CDT, Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm near
North Johns, or near Bessemer, moving north at 45 mph.

Pea size hail and winds in excess of 40 mph will be possible with
this storm.

Locations impacted include...
Southwestern Birmingham, Bessemer, Hueytown, Fairfield, Pleasant
Grove, Midfield, Adamsville, Brighton, Lipscomb, Sylvan Springs,
Mulga, Maytown, North Johns, Birmingham Fairgounds, Edgewater,
Ensley, Legion Field, Forestdale, Splash Adventure and Birmingham
Southern College.
Hey folks...chiming in from Bessemer. That was a pretty stout storm. Be careful out there NW Jefferson County

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Lots of thunder here from those little cells marching NNW I presume with the warm front.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
It’s going to be interesting over the next couple hours for North Alabama. You have those storms racing north on what I’m assuming is the warm front? You also have that rain shield marching east across North Mississippi that would put the brakes on major severe weather. The good news is maybe the threat won’t last all night

Rain shield is moving due N. It's just a question of what the storm mode is and where the warm front is by the time those storm in MS get here. I will say that supercell in MS is on a bad track for Huntsville..

Tennie

Reaction score
It looks like the Goodman tornado was likely a relative spin-up, as its associated radar signatures was here then gone within a few radar scans.

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
I dont these storms are along the warm front. I believe they are a combination of low level convergence ahead of the low and diffluence aloft mixed with some instablity with little capping...the warm front should be fuether north of here.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We're probably going to have a lot of those spinups as the line marches this way. Still have impressive low level shear. Am intrigued to see if anything happens ahead of the line in the warm sector otherwise we're going to have a QLCS-fest plus that echo that's causing the warnings thus far at the apex... and that echo isn't going to pass too far from here.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Alto damage was pretty high end... have seen pictures floating around with debarking and heavily damaged tossed vehicles in addition to less well built structures destroyed.

Wanna bet the highest concentration of tornado warnings for the day is across eastern MS into AL? Because that's not that far off a possibiliy given the overnight parameters. Gonna stay up laaaate

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
D4EoH-_WsAAqDBb.jpg:large

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Tornado warning NW of Vicksburg on the second line. Lemme say, HRRR did wonderfully. Radar is almost identical to some of the CAM plots from last night, showing multiple lines with isolated rotating semi-discrete stuff embedded.

Back