PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Dorian is looking pretty healthy this afternoon

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Eye temperature rapidly rising. Recon almost there... no doubt we've got a category four on our hands, or at least will very soon. The rate of ogranization is incredible in the last few hours.

Lori

Staff member
Emeritus Moderator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
My husband saw the 946 when he was watching the recon as well....is that much of a drop possible??

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So uh, it's definitely time to think of yet another 'D' replacement name for this list, courtesy of at least the Bahamas

Reaction score
I would have to now say Florida is definitely out of the woods for certain from a direct landfall. I can't imagine the European model being wrong again and changing back west especially given it's not wrong very often when it comes to track.

Lori

Staff member
Emeritus Moderator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
008175DA-01FE-462F-8292-04043D156891.png

Evan

Reaction score
I would have to now say Florida is definitely out of the woods for certain from a direct landfall. I can't imagine the European model being wrong again and changing back west especially given it's not wrong very often when it comes to track.

Oh, Florida is nowhere near being out of the woods from a direct hit. Not even a track into the Gulf has been totally eliminated yet. Florida is just as much at risk right now as they were 24 hours ago.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Makes sense as surface measurements were just a sliver below cat 4, but I suspect we will get 115kt before the mission is over. Headed back in for a pass

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
From what I am seeing from the models, I shudder to think of a Cat 4 monster rolling along the Eastern Florida coast northwards all the way to the Carolinas... Riding the Gulf Stream and never losing much strength.

Scary.

Back