• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX April 12-15th, 2018 Severe Potential

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
can we get live mode enabled on this thread? I have a feeling we're gonna need it in a few hours.

The technical administrative team has prepared for the possibility to go into live mode and as traffic picks up we can "flip the switch". The thing about live mode is it turns itself off after a period of inactivity (30 minutes I believe). We're busier than normal but not quite there yet, at least consistently. In most cases, we go to live mode as an event begins to unfold and more posts begin coming in.

I hope that helps in understanding when we activate live mode but if anyone has any questions feel free to shoot any staff member a question. Thanks.

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
I'm not so sure anymore. CAMs are trending slower, even the GFS-based ones. Even the Baron BAMS that had been the fastest all along has 1000+ CAPE and discrete cellular storms as far north/west as Florence AL, Iuka MS, Booneville MS, late tomorrow morning and beyond. I do think the hatched area would need to extend eastward, though. I probably would've just hatched the entire 30% area if I was doing the outlook.
I see what you mean...spc appears to be on top of this and bmx is prob going have to extend their enhanced northward because that was based on outflow progression.
Also, when you have an upper flow parallel to the front and aniticyclonic curvature barely bending, that is the first clue the models are overdoing movement.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Technical Admin
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
First Tornado Warning is out for Seminole County, OK.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The technical administrative team has prepared for the possibility to go into live mode and as traffic picks up we can "flip the switch". The thing about live mode is it turns itself off after a period of inactivity (30 minutes I believe). We're busier than normal but not quite there yet, at least consistently. In most cases, we go to live mode as an event begins to unfold and more posts begin coming in.

I hope that helps in understanding when we activate live mode but if anyone has any questions feel free to shoot any staff member a question. Thanks.
Okay, good deal, thanks.

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Well that is a change...

image4.png

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Due to the tornado warning in Arkansas we are going to go ahead and turn on live mode. If you are a member and are logged in you can leave the last page open and new posts will automatically load. Once 45 minutes go by with no new posts it will automagically turn off.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Velocities returning 120mph NE of Fort Smith

WesL

Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
NWS Little Rock reporting debris signature near Mountainburg, AR. via KFSM (Ft. Smith, AR)

Last edited:

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Nasty looking storm. And not even into the moderate area yet. Hope that's not a sign of things to come. Did LZK send up an 18z balloon? Or did SHV for that matter?

WesL

Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
LZK relaying Arkansas State Troopers confirming debris near Mountainburg, AR. KFSM (Ft. Smith, AR)

Last edited:

WesL

Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Relayed report from KFSM (Ft. Smith, AR) that at least one home has damage in Mountainburg

Back