• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX April 12-15th, 2018 Severe Potential

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Via KFSM's live stream. They have yet to give credit to who took it. As soon as we get that I'll edit my post. This is near Mountainburg, AR. This is from at least 10 min ago.

upload_2018-4-13_16-34-58.png

Reaction score
KFSM is showing the tornado that hit Mountainburg it was a pretty sizable one. That video also shows how difficult it is to chase in that area with all the trees and hills blocking one's view of the storm.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
KFSM is now showing a recorded video of the tornado crossing I-49. It's rather insane!:eek:
I got a screenshot from KFSM's live stream. The person who made the video has only been identified as Chuck, and Chuck is okay. Location only identified as I--49

upload_2018-4-13_16-45-13.png

Tennie

Reaction score
Using GR2AE, I took a look at the NROT on the Japton cell. It's showing values fluctuating from 1.4-1.8.

Tennie

Reaction score
Could these be poorly built shack type houses?

Or perhaps mobile homes, especially if they weren't well secured. Alternately, there could be trees that fell on homes, trapping people inside. Could be anything (or any combination of things); we'll probably just have to wait and see.

Tennie

Reaction score
KFSM showing a recorded video of the Mountainburg tornado. Looks like a multiple-vortex tornado.

Logo 468x120