• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Wednesday/Thursday/Friday April 17th-19th Severe Threat

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Granted most setups along the central Gulf Coast turn into a mixed mode stratiform mess but looks rather impressive nonetheless. Might fill the storm reports gap we missed in the MDT from the last event then be a significant wind event here... with any isolated cells just icing on the danger cake. Will probably see that line in the distance from the air flying out from Atlanta... gonna be some evasive actions

Kory

Reaction score
Granted most setups along the central Gulf Coast turn into a mixed mode stratiform mess but looks rather impressive nonetheless. Might fill the storm reports gap we missed in the MDT from the last event then be a significant wind event here... with any isolated cells just icing on the danger cake. Will probably see that line in the distance from the air flying out from Atlanta... gonna be some evasive actions
Check out the MDT with recent surveys. It’s filling it with tor reports.

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
I fully expect pics

Brandon

Reaction score

I'm scheduled to fly out of BHM at 7:30pm tomorrow...that has the potential to be really exciting, as well as the drive down from HSV in the afternoon. I think I'll drive my beater truck down in case of hail.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
0z HRRR coming in pretty unimpressive as it has a very large region of stratiform out ahead of the line to slow it's momentum and stabilize the atmosphere which is a common "bust" mode in these types of events.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Confirmed tornado near Shattuck, OK.

Our daughter's family lived there. Tiny, quaint town about 30 miles from Woodward(site of the infamous 1947 tornado).

MikeP

Reaction score
I'm scheduled to fly out of BHM at 7:30pm tomorrow...that has the potential to be really exciting, as well as the drive down from HSV in the afternoon. I think I'll drive my beater truck down in case of hail.
Donno that large hail is a very big threat tomorrow. Looking to be some really cold air aloft Friday though....

darkskys25

Reaction score
Spc significantly pulled the hatched area back further south and that makes more sense. Enhanced was trimmed but needs to be trimmed further imo.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
There are some pretty nasty UH streaks coming off the HRRR.

uh25_max.us_se.png

Reaction score
I dunno, looking at the radar composite loop it looks like the main QLCS is still back west of the ENH area, with little ongoing precip there and not much along the coast. Satellite shows pockets of clear sky over E. LA/MS/AL. If instability is/was expected to be the primary limiting factor for this event, I wouldn't sleep on it just yet.

Back