• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Svr Wx Event - April 15-17, 2024

buckeye05

Reaction score
Trey and SPC seem to be leaning more and more toward the idea of supercell initiation along the dryline, especially in SW Kansas. Some of the recent CAM runs seem to suggest this scenario as well.

Meanwhile, DDC hasn’t updated their forecast discussion since 2:00 a.m., which is suggesting little to no supercell development, followed by an after-dark squall line. Curious to see if they change their tune in the next discussion update.

Last edited:

Muwx

Reaction score
I mean it’s pretty easy to see the two screen shots and compare reality vs model and deduct that the hrrr storm initiation is busting horrifically.
It still has no storms at 6pm despite their already being two full fledged supercells.
Full fledged supercells is a bit of a stretch. The two cells in Texas are clearly struggling and the entire dry line is pretty much void of towers.

jiharris0220

Reaction score
Im sorry to say Tempest but full fledged storms tend to be severe warned, which they still are, and I don’t know if I offended you at some point in the past years but I digress.
The hrrr has handled moisture, instability and convection poorly. And continues to do so now, regardless of initiation or not, which again isn’t expected until 10pm.