• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

buckeye05

Reaction score
I know I've got more somewhere, but I can't find them at the moment. Here are a few:

metadc1697742-xl-2012-201-OVZ001-7171.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

metadc611036-xl-2012-201-B1215-1130.jpg
Wow! I’m sure these were in color, they’d have that all too familiar reddish-brown, mud-spattered, shredded barren wasteland look that we’ve seen photographed after every other modern OKC/Central OK tornado disaster.

The tree and car damage in the second photo are comparable to what was seen in 1999 and 2013, but just isn’t as visually striking without color.

Also, one quote from a news report about this tornado that made me raise a few eyebrows:

“When what had been a residential district a few minutes before was a barren waste in the frightening play, swept clean in some instances even of the foundations on which the houses stood.”

Probably hyperbole or a fundamental misunderstanding of house construction and what a foundation is that led to this quote, buts it’s still interesting. These type of claims from older events, while almost always are shown to be untrue or unverifiable, so seem to be associated with some of the most intense tornado events from history.

Last edited:

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
Assuming the first photo in this tweet is in fact associated with that same tornado, it does look like it expanded into a wide cone at some point too. Visually, it does look maybe a little bit like Chapman 2016 to me.

Europe has dealt with quite the batch of severe weather this past week.

Nightking2021

Reaction score
Dude, the only one who would ruin the thread in this case is you from getting unnecessarily mad about a valid critique. Especially if you would take two seconds to look at the rest of the videos on the channel the Stanton video in question is from and realize the channel is run by an actual video producer whose LinkedIn mentions their experience in post production, implying they do, in fact, have access to the expensive softwares in question, and would actually imply the oversaturation (and for that matter to my eyes the contrast) was a stylistic choice and hence purposefully applied in post production. But we’ve digressed a ways from the thread’s purpose and I for one wouldn’t mind getting back on topic.
Well if he wants to crack and make jokes about peoples comments then that should be pointed out to him. I don't go to his posts and point out his flaws he could make . Oh, but I guess almost everyone on this site think he is perfect. I read in an article that an EF5 tornado is inevitable and he had to go about someway to make fun of it by saying I heard NSSL is predicting an F5 and everyone thinks that comment is so funny! It is fine if he hurts other people's feelings by belittling others but someone says something to him to point out how he criticizes others people jump in to save him like he is some sort of god or something. If he wants to dish out criticism by belittling others than maybe he should get a dose of his own medicine.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Let’s keep things on topic ya’ll. Take it to DMs if need be.

But holy moly that last photo of the Lucize, Czech Republic tornado shows how large it was during its mature phase. Some of the photos of damage I’m seeing show what may be leveled brick homes and severe damage to concrete form buildings. If that’s the case, we might be looking at the first European F4 since the Dolo-Mira, Italy tornado of 2015.

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
Let’s keep things on topic ya’ll. Take it to DMs if need be.

But holy moly that last photo of the Lucize, Czech Republic tornado shows how large it was during its mature phase. Some of the photos of damage I’m seeing show what may be leveled brick homes and severe damage to concrete form buildings. If that’s the case, we might be looking at the first European F4 since the Dolo-Mira, Italy tornado of 2015.
Also seen reports of 5 dead now from it, and death tolls from European tornadoes like this are pretty infrequent.

Additionally, this Facebook video shows what seems like intense tree damage in the distance.

I've seen @Marshal79344 post some nice radar imagery/analysis of this on Twitter, and he could share it here if he has the time (I also first saw the above video from him).

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Obviously I can't say for sure so soon after the tornado, but I'm gonna go on a whim and say at least a high-end (E)F3 rating is now likely appropriate, given the intense rotation captured on video and the damage I've seen so far.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
This is a map of tornadoes occurring in or around the OKC area going back to 1880 all the way up to 2017. Like the counties in Missisippi and northern Alabama, this area seems to also be filled with "tornado highways" of a sort.....must be cursed.

View attachment 9911

Source:
]]\

That's just crazy! I would like to see the same thing of the northern third or half of MS and AL.

Reaction score
That's just crazy! I would like to see the same thing of the northern third or half of MS and AL.

What's really interesting/surprising to me is that ALL of the significant tornadoes of recent decades (going back to 1998) have struck the Moore/Norman/Newcastle area. None have struck the area north of the Oklahoma River and west of I-235, or downtown OKC proper.

Back