• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat January 23-25, 2023

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
y
The EURO and GFS starting to favor a nasty environment in south Texas.

View attachment 17017
I'm dreading that the closer we get that the globals will do this with the deep south. I mentioned there was a few features that'd support this. And I dread that will see a slow uptick.

Once the system gets on land on the west coast usually you'll see some.uptick or changes as it has better sampling.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
So we should see this system come on land shortly then…
Looking at modeling around within about 24-30 hours.
It kindve skirts the Alaska Canada coast before reaching Washington and Oregon. So idk may have already been sampled, I don't know the dynamics of it, I've just read and seen how it works sometimes.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Just saw this post from Jason Simpson.
Echoes of April 27th high wind speeds at the surface. Big inflow potential.

Also no this is not going to be like April 27th 2011 lol. But this could be a significant weather event. Which is just as impactful to whoever it hits if this event produces.

Last edited:

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Not sure what's the reason for Andrew Brady's MMFS forecast post delays. Really interested in seeing it.

Reaction score
Maybe plan for these upgrades between May and October instead???? Just a thought

Can't really count on any time of year being safe from severe weather in the South...and in the summer there are landfalling TCs to contend with as well.

I don't see any of the radars in the northern Midwest on that link, but for example scheduling one on KMKX from May through August would be asking for trouble, but watch, they'll schedule it for March and a significant severe threat will materialize for that week.

Logo 468x120
Back