• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat - February 15-16, 2023

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Here is the actual watch for Mississippi, Tennessee, and Alabama.
FpG1QQraEAA4_gf

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Will probably hinge on how this S MS stuff develops as it propagates into AL, but would defer any more detailed answers to the experts.
I think the key ingredient they are watching for is the low level jet and backing of winds, if that trends higher than expected, they will prob pull the trigger, assuming everything else goes as expected

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
South MS starting to look a bit linear and the couple of discreet cells out ahead haven't gotten going yet.
I'm watching and waiting to see how the area in North Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee start to form up, whether they are discrete or linear. Central Alabama south Mississippi, and Alabama look like they're going to be interesting if the conditions are right.

KevinH

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn’t be too excited for this setup as a chaser…but very enthusiastic as someone who is living under the risk that it isn’t looking too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not looking too bad NOW, but that can change very quickly in a matter of hours. If NFO (BMX) is not even sure of how things are going to go, then we definitely wan to be either. Don’t let your guard down and stay safe!!!!

Reaction score
has there been any real time soundings put out by any national weather service stations?
BMX has been conducting them every 6 hours. I believe I read where PERiLS is also releasing balloons across the western part of Alabama today.

If you don't know what PERiLS is here is their website.

xJownage

Reaction score
It looks like storms are having trouble actually following RM right now. They all look like left movers and are failing to root. This is probably due to the garbage SR inflow available to left-moving storms right now.

Jpgood97

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Cell headed to Enterprise, MS and eventually Meridian may be the one to watch. Weak couplet starting to show

Logo 468x120
Back