• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Event April 13-14, 2019

jpk1292000

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what happens in GA north of I-20 with the convergence line along the GA/AL border right now. Showers beginning to fire on it and can't rule out damaging winds, hail and even a few tornadoes as this line gradually strengthens and moves eastward.

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KM4JKH
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Will be interesting to see what happens in GA north of I-20 with the convergence line along the GA/AL border right now. Showers beginning to fire on it and can't rule out damaging winds, hail and even a few tornadoes as this line gradually strengthens and moves eastward.

Starting to fire now. 60% chance of Tornado Watch per SPC. Curious how far south and east it will go, if issued. Storms are firing south of the Meso discussion issued at 3.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Good job SPC, NWS and TV mets for spending a week forecasting this event and spending all day and night keeping us safe!
For an outbreak, the low number of fatalities (as always, 1 is too many let alone 3?) and a low amount of injuries, is a blessing and awesome.
Looks like word got out, people heeded and lives were saved.
Yet people are still mourning today, hurting mentally and physically, some have lost everything materially and there are states still dealing with these storms.
I’m only going to mention this in passing but there’s another event coming up later this week.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
TOR on Berrien County GA is rapidly intensifying

buckeye05

Reaction score
Oh man. That thing means business. Major hook now. Willacoochee area is under the gun.

Edit: velocity signature isn’t all that impressive though

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Wow that is one of the most impressive we have seen with this storm system. Trying to find info on Weber, GA.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hamilton tornado EF2, not sure if preliminary.
NWS HUN reported back they found damage in Colbert Co, AL but haven't made the rating yet.

Tennie

Reaction score
Maybe a TDS trying to show up near Douglas Ga?

The area of low CC is located in an area of low reflectivity. It's probably just picking up some relatively small objects in the inflow (e.g. leaves, bugs, that kind of stuff).

Tennie

Reaction score
Weather spotters have a confirmed tornado on a cell north of Mansfield, OH. If it continues on its current trajectory, it could impact Cleveland. Let's hope it weakens before then!

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Mansfield damage - photo taken by a friend in the area from a TV met

Last edited:
Back