• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather 2023

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
My weather station stopped working a couple weeks ago or so, but I finally got the chance to take it off the barn roof and investigate today - and it turns out literally the only problem was that the internal rechargeable battery got a little dislodged. Back up and running today, just in time for the next big windstorm!
250B2277-986E-4C22-BE71-E54A07C90741.jpeg
WeatherStory1.png

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The majority of overnight guidance show a potentially substantial severe threat next Tuesday/Wednesday. The GFS was the least impressive with the period, but it had a few operational runs such as yesterday’s 6z run show differently. I’d also bet that a Canadian/EURO combo is more likely to get it right.

KevinH

Reaction score
The majority of overnight guidance show a potentially substantial severe threat next Tuesday/Wednesday. The GFS was the least impressive with the period, but it had a few operational runs such as yesterday’s 6z run show differently. I’d also bet that a Canadian/EURO combo is more likely to get it right.
For which areas?

Even though the location may change, you gotta tell us WHERE the potential is lol

EDIT: I think @tennessee storm chaser may have mentioned this threat earlier as well

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The 12z EURO flipped to the least impressive scenario, but looked close to being bad at this range.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Euro and Canadian both show a stronger surface low mid week with temps and dew points in 60-70s.
GFS is showing a much weaker surface low with temps in the 20s, 30s, and 40s in the same time period.

In the long range, GFS has also been persistent with a low around Feb 4-5.

2 date ranges we need to keep an eye on:

Jan 31-Feb 1

Feb 4-5

KevinH

Reaction score
Euro and Canadian both show a stronger surface low mid week with temps and dew points in 60-70s.
GFS is showing a much weaker surface low with temps in the 20s, 30s, and 40s in the same time period.

Jan 31-Feb 1

Feb 4-5
Someone else can make the threads lol

UK_EF4

Reaction score

Jan 31-Feb 1

Feb 4-5
It's weird... the Canadian reminds me *ever* so slightly of a certain pretty destructive tornado outbreak a little over a year ago. Luckily I can say this without concern as it is just one run of one model at a typically very unreliable range, with neither ECM or GFS supporting - but couldn't help noting a few similarities.

Last edited:
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KM4JKH
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah we all know what happened last time you started a thread. LOL!

You mean this one?
45b8bb60b7886cd6fab3362f6a4547b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back