Severe Weather 2023

TH2002

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
My weather station stopped working a couple weeks ago or so, but I finally got the chance to take it off the barn roof and investigate today - and it turns out literally the only problem was that the internal rechargeable battery got a little dislodged. Back up and running today, just in time for the next big windstorm!
250B2277-986E-4C22-BE71-E54A07C90741.jpeg
WeatherStory1.png

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The majority of overnight guidance show a potentially substantial severe threat next Tuesday/Wednesday. The GFS was the least impressive with the period, but it had a few operational runs such as yesterday’s 6z run show differently. I’d also bet that a Canadian/EURO combo is more likely to get it right.

KevinH

Reaction score
The majority of overnight guidance show a potentially substantial severe threat next Tuesday/Wednesday. The GFS was the least impressive with the period, but it had a few operational runs such as yesterday’s 6z run show differently. I’d also bet that a Canadian/EURO combo is more likely to get it right.
For which areas?

Even though the location may change, you gotta tell us WHERE the potential is lol

EDIT: I think @tennessee storm chaser may have mentioned this threat earlier as well

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The 12z EURO flipped to the least impressive scenario, but looked close to being bad at this range.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Euro and Canadian both show a stronger surface low mid week with temps and dew points in 60-70s.
GFS is showing a much weaker surface low with temps in the 20s, 30s, and 40s in the same time period.

In the long range, GFS has also been persistent with a low around Feb 4-5.

2 date ranges we need to keep an eye on:

Jan 31-Feb 1

Feb 4-5

KevinH

Reaction score
Euro and Canadian both show a stronger surface low mid week with temps and dew points in 60-70s.
GFS is showing a much weaker surface low with temps in the 20s, 30s, and 40s in the same time period.

Jan 31-Feb 1

Feb 4-5
Someone else can make the threads lol

UK_EF4

Reaction score

Jan 31-Feb 1

Feb 4-5
It's weird... the Canadian reminds me *ever* so slightly of a certain pretty destructive tornado outbreak a little over a year ago. Luckily I can say this without concern as it is just one run of one model at a typically very unreliable range, with neither ECM or GFS supporting - but couldn't help noting a few similarities.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
HAM Callsign
KM4JKH
Yeah we all know what happened last time you started a thread. LOL!

You mean this one?
45b8bb60b7886cd6fab3362f6a4547b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shelter Tech