• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather 2023

Reaction score
Verbatim that looks like pretty meridional flow with a pinched-off, narrow wavelength trough and somewhat mediocre moisture (at least on the northern end of the setup). Probably some level of severe threat but not a great chase day. I may be biased though since I can't chase due to being scheduled to work next Saturday.

Oh well, 3/31 will tide me over until I can take a proper chase vacation later this spring. Would have been nice to catch something last Tuesday but I'm glad I didn't go through this:

I used to chat on AIM with Skip and a few other college-aged upper Midwest weather geeks back in the mid-2000s. He actually went out and did it a lot sooner than I did, and I've always held him in high regard as someone who makes an earnest effort to be a positive ambassador for the chasing enterprise. I was practically wincing as I read through his detailed accounting of that epic bust.

Reaction score
I was practically wincing as I read through his detailed accounting of that epic bust.
I've actually been reading a bit of his older chase logs (he's done a fair bit of chasing in the area I grew up in, so that's super fun to read about/look at pictures of) and I love how detailed his logs are. I would love it if every chaser had a similar site with maps and even just a basic outline. It's so impressive. I don't think I've read his post about 4/4/23 though, so now I'll go do that...

And man, you reminded me how much I miss the AIM days!

Steel Central

Reaction score
Verbatim that looks like pretty meridional flow with a pinched-off, narrow wavelength trough and somewhat mediocre moisture (at least on the northern end of the setup). Probably some level of severe threat but not a great chase day. I may be biased though since I can't chase due to being scheduled to work next Saturday.

Oh well, 3/31 will tide me over until I can take a proper chase vacation later this spring. Would have been nice to catch something last Tuesday but I'm glad I didn't go through this:

I used to chat on AIM with Skip and a few other college-aged upper Midwest weather geeks back in the mid-2000s. He actually went out and did it a lot sooner than I did, and I've always held him in high regard as someone who makes an earnest effort to be a positive ambassador for the chasing enterprise. I was practically wincing as I read through his detailed accounting of that epic bust.
1681098255346.png

JPWX

Reaction score
Well @Austin Dawg looks like you might be onto something. Here's the accumulated supercell composite parameter off the CFSv2 from April 25th through May 2nd. Another severe weather threat around my birthday (April 28th). I'm so thrilled. As long as it's not like my 17th birthday.... I could live without that happening again.

Attachments

• cfs_week3.png
    cfs_week3.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
severe_ml_day7_gefso_041912.png

severe_ml_day8_gefso_042012.png

CSU ML April 19-20

JPWX

Reaction score
Gotta watch the 20th through 22nd for you know. More Severe Weather! I can just hear the entire Gulf Coast states with a resounding YAY!

Honestly, I'm tired, but you know the drill. It is April.

Attachments

• precip_probhazards_d8_14_contours.png
    precip_probhazards_d8_14_contours.png
    313.8 KB · Views: 0
Back