• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather 2023

KevinH

Reaction score
I think she means that the 15th is on a Wednesday, and Wednesday's are usually severe weather days.
Oh in general, got it. I thought she saw something in the models.

I’m like oh great we will have to start ANOTHER thread in about week or so lol. (Which will probably end up being needed anyway :rolleyes:)

Gail

Reaction score
All of these breezy, stormy days are kicking up the pollen. I can’t stop sneezing. It’s going to be a loooong spring.

KevinH

Reaction score
All of these breezy, stormy days are kicking up the pollen. I can’t stop sneezing. It’s going to be a loooong spring.

I have brought in my patio furniture bc of it… awful!

You may want to look into using a Neti pot to rinse your sinuses. Hopefully that can help

KevinH

Reaction score
Just make sure you use distilled water!

Oh yes. That is very important. You CAN use tap water but *ONLY* IF YOU BOIL IT FOR LEAST 5 MINUTES FIRST.

I put the contents of the packet in the pot, pour the boiling water into the pot about half way (which also helps to agitate/dissolve the mixture at the same time), and then use distilled water to fill up the pot. This of course, also helps cool down the BOILING water, which you will want. If you want to test the temperature, pour some of the water from the pot onto the BACK of your hand. If I think it’s too hot for the back of my hand, it is too hot for my nose and I wait to let it cool.

I use this one:

Gail

Reaction score
I have brought in my patio furniture bc of it… awful!

You may want to look into using a Neti pot to rinse your sinuses. Hopefully that can help
My son has used one since he was 10 or so because of his sinuses (he’s 20 now). His ENT recommended it because he was having surgery every year due to his sinuses getting completely blocked. Mine aren’t as bad as his. Usually, allergy pills help me. They just take a bit to kick in when I start them.

UK_EF4

Reaction score
Fortunately it looks like the active period we have been having almost all year will be done after this event. And luckily *most* of these events haven't been too destructive, though we have had a fair share of strong-intense tornadoes unfortunately.

Things should stay mostly quiet until at least middle of March.

JPWX

Reaction score
As much as I love active and stormy weather, this pattern is just getting ridiculous. My yard can't dry out before another round of rain moves in. LOL! This active pattern will continue for the foreseeable future though with the Euro Ensemble showing above normal precipitation anomalies during the next 15 days.

Attachments

• ecmwf-ensemble-c00-conus-qpf_anom_15day-9054400.png
    ecmwf-ensemble-c00-conus-qpf_anom_15day-9054400.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-qpf_anom_15day-9054400.png
    ecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-qpf_anom_15day-9054400.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 0

KevinH

Reaction score
As much as I love active and stormy weather, this pattern is just getting ridiculous. My yard can't dry out before another round of rain moves in. LOL! This active pattern will continue for the foreseeable future though with the Euro Ensemble showing above normal precipitation anomalies during the next 15 days.
SMH

Gail

Reaction score
Our yard needs cut already, but it’s been too wet to cut it! I’ll definitely miss that part of winter - no weekly yard maintenance.

KevinH

Reaction score
Next severe wx chances for Deep South appear to be around March 9-11.

Euro is showing potential on 9th or 10th. GFS is on the 11th. Latest GFS model soundings I've seen for the 11th in South MS are concerning.

Timing/location will start work itself out by Mon or Tues.
Every 7 days seems like… SMH

KevinH

Reaction score
Yeah that will cause some problems next weekend
300wh-conus-png.18570

NO ONE start a thread yet though lol

Logo 468x120
Back