• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather 2021

Reaction score
So any hints on what the rest of April is supposed to look like?

Relatively quiet, based on posts on other forums. The MJO is not or will not be in a favorable state for CONUS severe weather. Not to say there can't still be systems, but they will likely be of the split flow, cut-off variety like the one we have just been dealing with. They can overachieve a bit locally as we have seen, but probably not any high-ceiling, widespread outbreaks/outbreak sequences for the next 2-3 weeks at least.

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Relatively quiet, based on posts on other forums. The MJO is not or will not be in a favorable state for CONUS severe weather. Not to say there can't still be systems, but they will likely be of the split flow, cut-off variety like the one we have just been dealing with. They can overachieve a bit locally as we have seen, but probably not any high-ceiling, widespread outbreaks/outbreak sequences for the next 2-3 weeks at least.
Personally can’t see the mjo sitting n same position for long period time ... end of third week on the month ... other wise last week April heading into early
May should see uptick

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
There's a pretty stout low around that 4/25 time period in the upper midwest. I'd think the bulk of the wind energy would be in the Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky region. Still 10 days out etc.

Reaction score
There's a pretty stout low around that 4/25 time period in the upper midwest. I'd think the bulk of the wind energy would be in the Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky region. Still 10 days out etc.

GFS has been waffling on exactly how this will take shape and whether it has any chance of providing interesting/chaseable severe weather somewhere in the central CONUS. To be expected at this range, at least nice to have something to keep an eye on.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
We just had a nice hail storm roll through here go right on through round rock and is now heading east of here actually getting stronger. I could actually hear the sound of the hail hitting the ground northwest of me before it got here it was crazy! I would upload the video I made of it but I don't have a host site.

Image 4-15-21 at 4.12 PM.jpg

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Take this with a grain of salt obviously as this potential event is still a ways away, but Windy is showing some strong and potentially severe storms tracking across the southern Plains and Dixie Alley for April 23-24
Screenshot_20210416-095421_Windy.jpg
Screenshot_20210416-095431_Windy.jpg

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
At the end of the 12z euro run today , if moisture return is slightly under done ... that’s one nasty Severe wx event shaping up for Dixie and Tennessee valley regions

Logo 468x120
Back