• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

This severe weather season will be?

• Much Above Average

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Above Average

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Average

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Below Average

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Much Below Average

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
What a contrast to April. In the way of tornadoes I wonder if we're even beating 2018 at this point. Soooo quiet

Bevo

Reaction score
Well the low over Texas today has been somewhat of a producer...several tornadoes being reported in east/northeast TX, AK, and OK. I count 5 active warnings as of right now and there were a few more earlier.

Brice

Reaction score
There was an unusual amount of tornado warnings given it was only in a slight risk area.( I know just because the risk doesn't seem high doesn't mean it won't be high for ex. March 2nd, 2020 a slight risk for the outlook on the day, right before midnight, an EF4 tornado hits Cookeville, Tennessee, it was stronger than all of the tornadoes in 2019.

Bevo

Reaction score
It's 2020, where even in an area not pegged by a risk zone today (Louisiana) there's reports of a tornado that did some damage.

Hope they'll be okay. :(

skelly

Reaction score
So the upper level cut off low must be right over south central Alabama right now. Anybody getting any hail or lightning today?

Bevo

Reaction score
Tornado reported coming in on the west side of Columbus metro (OH).

Making a severe thread to keep up with this + looking at the next few days of severe potential.

Last edited:

Bevo

Reaction score
More on Church Point tornado. Potential EF3.

Very sad situation with the fatality on top of the lack of forewarning---I don't think storms were anticipated to have been that severe.

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
Might see some cold core funnels over the next couple days I’m the Tennessee Valley. 48 was talking about it being -3 at 18,000 feet. I know the storms that fired yesterday afternoon around Huntsville had low cloud bases so any funnels we get will be interesting.

bwalk

Reaction score
BOOM: Like a bomb going off, we witnessed this INCREDIBLE explosion of energy on a discrete severe supercell south of Miles City, MT.
This is the same storm that produced tennis ball hail that took out our windshield on I-94. This is the most intense and rapid development I’ve ever seen a thunderstorm undergo. From small group of cumulus to full blown cumulonimbus! We also suspect this storm split with the right moving cell impacting the Miles City area. 5/20/20

1590102405902.png

Brice

Reaction score
BOOM: Like a bomb going off, we witnessed this INCREDIBLE explosion of energy on a discrete severe supercell south of Miles City, MT.
This is the same storm that produced tennis ball hail that took out our windshield on I-94. This is the most intense and rapid development I’ve ever seen a thunderstorm undergo. From small group of cumulus to full blown cumulonimbus! We also suspect this storm split with the right moving cell impacting the Miles City area. 5/20/20

View attachment 3519
Wow, it doesn't even look real it's so perfect.

Bevo

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 8.25.21.png
Can't remember if this was posted in another thread or not yet, but it looks like a regional outbreak for Kansas/Colorado. SPC did a great job outlining that 5% tornado risk area--if you take the percentage face value, perhaps you could say it overperformed?
A reminder to be aware going in to today of the 5% tornado risk area across N.TX and S.OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back