• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Threat 25 March 2021

Evan

Reaction score
At this point, tomorrow is not a question of will the conditions allow a tornado outbreak to occur. It's a question of how severe will the tornado outbreak be. The floor is high, but the ceiling is simply beyond comprehension.

Feel your pain. The one in southern Jefferson goes right over mine. Thankfully, I won't be there for the event, and I'd be shocked if any model nailed a track that accurately this far out. Fingers crossed for you as well, but I see those tracks as general indicators of what a storm may do in the environment surrounding the area versus actually tracking that way precisely.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
While the conditions leading up to this tornado outbreak don't necessarily scream "EF5" for me I do see a higher likelihood of at least one intense (EF3+) tornado. May even see an EF4 or two if things line up just right. That being said, if a tornado causes one or more fatalities, then it doesn't really matter what EF rating the tornado receives. Let's hope we don't have a tornado track through a popluated area.

sak

Reaction score
I find it difficult to believe that the 6th biggest tornado outbreak in Alabama history can be considered overhyped just because things didn't turn out quite as bad as feared. Please, if you are going to post in this thread try contributing something constructive and pertinent to this event only.
With all due respect, calling it the 6th biggest tornado outbreak in Alabama history is a bit dramatic. 0 EF3 or higher tornadoes, no fatalities, and I don't even recall many/any serious injuries. Maybe by confirmed tornado reports, the 6th biggest but the reality is that *tons* of small tornadoes like the ones that we saw last week were missed back in the day compared to now with dual-pol radar and hundreds of storm chasers and cell phone cameras everywhere.

I wouldn't necessarily call the event overhyped because we did get a lot of tornadoes, but if we are being intellectually honest, I think it was probably somewhere like a once every 2-3 year type event. I doubt it was a top 25 event, maybe not even top 50 event if we are talking real impact.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm really surprised at how slow and quiet this thread is. We've got severe storms popping off all over northeastern Texas.
Southeast based forum. Most members are from AL/MS so general interest out west is lower.

Looks like fun around Dallas, though.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

treypops

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Southeast based forum. Most members are from AL/MS so general interest out west is lower.

Looks like fun around Dallas, though.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Fair enough, but there's a degree of foreboding in those Texas storms this evening.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Gonna be a long night here. I'm on the western side of the county just north of Austin and I will believe my own eyes the next time I think I see a vortex on RadarScope Pro

ww0049_radar.gif

SUMMARY...Multiple clusters of supercells are expected to persist overnight. The potential for more intense clusters
should emanate east-northeast from the Edwards Plateau towards the
I-35 corridor in central Texas.

Back