• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Threat 25 March 2021

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Morning everyone. Just had to Benadryl the dog as he was going nuts with the wind. I’ve got one of our new test stations running at my apartment. Just registered a 43 mph gust. Going to be a long day ahead. Stay safe.

Attachments

• E8FC66FB-6656-4C2D-8D69-18F48345749B.png
    E8FC66FB-6656-4C2D-8D69-18F48345749B.png
    616.7 KB · Views: 0

sak

Reaction score
A lot of convection across the region this morning. Could help us out later today if junk convection continues into the late morning

Kragg

Reaction score
Looks like there’s already some breaks in the clouds down to the south-southwest of the rain. What are the chances the low-level stuff gets burnt off by mid morning?

sak

Reaction score
Looks like there’s already some breaks in the clouds down to the south-southwest of the rain. What are the chances the low-level stuff gets burnt off by mid morning?
This is what I am watching. It seems like the HRRR wants to keep developing showers and storms for the next several hours though. This shows rain and clouds still socking in most of north Alabama at 11am (graphic shown), and even after that -- some scattered showers around. Doesn't really look like the sun is going to break out in full force across north/central AL for much time today according to the HRRR. But who knows...

11am.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
A lot of convection across the region this morning. Could help us out later today if junk convection continues into the late morning

Radar looks mostly clear in the southern half of Alabama and most of MS with only scattered showers/storms. Not the sort of thing that generates an instability-killing cold pool.

07Z HRRR is :eek:. 08Z backed off a little bit but still quite rough-looking especially for TN and NW AL.

Jpgood97

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
S
Radar looks mostly clear in the southern half of Alabama and most of MS with only scattered showers/storms. Not the sort of thing that generates an instability-killing cold pool.

07Z HRRR is :eek:. 08Z backed off a little bit but still quite rough-looking especially for TN and NW AL.
Do you have an image of the 07z ? Haven’t had a chance to look at recent models

speedbump305

Reaction score
In my opinion: This could be a very very terrible day if the storms keep their ingredients together... :( please y’all stay safe out there! this will for sure be more active and deadly than march 17

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
It could, if it were mid April, no question. Now we wait and see what happens in places like Jackson and Meridian Miss.

Back