• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Hurricane Delta

Kory

Reaction score
Looks like there will be a decent tornado threat with Delta tomorrow in AL.

I’ve seen Danny 1985 thrown around a lot. That was an upper end inland outbreak. Not sure we reach that tomorrow but with the storm occluding with the upper level trough and then lumbering east, I suspect we’ll have some severe wx tomorrow. Much more impressive set up than Laura when we had a couple tornadoes.

Jacob

Reaction score
Really surprised we don't have some tornado warnings for the storms between Birmingham and Montgomery, particularly the storm SW of Rockford.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Really surprised we don't have some tornado warnings for the storms between Birmingham and Montgomery, particularly the storm SW of Rockford.

Radar imagery shows improving storm structures and velocity signatures. I imagine a new tornado watch is coming soon and warnings will come out through the afternoon.

Jacob

Reaction score
Radar imagery shows improving storm structures and velocity signatures. I imagine a new tornado watch is coming soon and warnings will come out through the afternoon.

Couple pretty good signatures now, one NE of Union Springs, and one SE of Montgomery. Little surprised there aren't warnings on them, given how easily tropical systems can plop down small tornadoes.

Last edited:
Back