• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX April 3rd-5th, 2023 (South, Southeast, Ohio Valley)

ColdFront

Reaction score
Outlook for Tuesday. Seems a little more tame than what I was expecting

They cite moisture depth, possible capping issues, and absence of lift as caveats

Last edited:

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
They cite moisture depth, possible capping issues, and absence of lift as caveats
Not expecting anything close to what we saw on April 30 - but that's wishful thinking on my part because we really, really don't need this again. And I gotta work on Tuesday anyways so...

edit: March 30. 31. Double woops.

Last edited:

JPWX

Reaction score
I honestly would expect more of North MS to get involved in the next outlook especially going into Wednesday (maybe as soon as Tuesday night). I know the Southeast corner of Northeast MS is under a Marginal Risk for tomorrow. I know it may not be as potent as the previous two outbreaks, but I'm not taking any chances. A threat is a threat.

Reaction score
I mean...it's the 3KM NAM at the end of its range but I will take that sim ref/UH plot from 12Z. Just go back to the same place I was Friday, which the data was already pointing toward anyway.

UK_EF4

Reaction score
Wow. Seem want keep nudging little more east off that map …. Kind haven’t paid much attention last 24 hours on this system . Trying catch up yard work
To me, the threat doesn't looks quite as bad as it looked 24 hours ago, though still significant. Hopefully remains on the downward trend.

ColdFront

Reaction score
To me, the threat doesn't looks quite as bad as it looked 24 hours ago, though still significant. Hopefully remains on the downward trend.
Also some discussion on WX Twitter about a more amplified SE ridge showing up in the models now.

So like you said, it does seem it’s not looking as significant as it was a few days ago, but we are in that weird 2-3 day range where everything can get wonky

this event may be more focused with smaller areas of convection instead of a “widespread” event where it’s everywhere like Friday

Reaction score
Also some discussion on WX Twitter about a more amplified SE ridge showing up in the models now.
EPSLoop.gif

The trend toward amplification over the past several cycles has been quite impressive. There is definitely more of a sheared-out appearance or “stretch.”

ColdFront

Reaction score
Back