• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Tuesday, April 30, 2019 Severe Threat

bwalk

Reaction score
Three possible tornadoes stacked up in SW Mo. According to the model data they should be moving into less favorable severe conditions as they continue to move East. But a lot of the storms are not following the predicted forecast dynamics this afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: KoD

buckeye05

Reaction score
Another confirmed tornado in the Miller, MO area.
Also Mark Drees now has a rain-wrapped stovepipe near Dean, TX.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Thankfully the Missouri storms look to be weakening as they move into the Springfield area. Hopefully they don’t cycle back up.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Those cells near Ava, MO still look pretty beefy. I wonder why nothing got going in southern Oklahoma?

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That area in SE OK outlined by SPC as being the potential area for a round two late in the evening (the area that never really truly got going outside of a few mixed mode clusters and a couple of after dark supercells) DID produce a very significant tornado a couple of hours ago... reports of homes destroyed near Bokchito/Blue, and I have heard heretofore yet to be officially confirmed reports of a fatality and serious injury from one of these destroyed homes. Nighttime tornadoes are the worst.

Today definitely over-performed a significant bit. I think the brief MDT upgrade was justified. Have had at least a couple of sigtors for sure.

There are a remarkable number of close range chaser videos with this event... including one from WITHIN the debris field of one of the tornadoes where the chaser vehicle is just a few yards away from being speared by a board from a destroyed structure. I'm afraid we aren't done with chaser fatalities with some of these extremely close calls.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Back