• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Svr Wx threat March 24-26th 2024

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
SPC maintains slight risk for Monday , still don’t think winds are backed enough for a few discrete cells out ahead of the trough . Intense qlcs looks more favorable to me

SmokeEater

Reaction score
Today may sneak up on people, multiple chasers including Trey are saying the possibilities of a strong tornado or two are going up on the dryline bulge in W OK. Wouldn't be surprised if SPC goes with a 10 hatched at the next update.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Rapideswx

Reaction score
My area is now borderline enhanced risk. Last time I was in enhanced risk was Feb 11 which underachieved. Overall it has been quiet lately here in central LA (last tornadoes in the area were on Nov 20 - a number of weak tornadoes that day).

This morning's HRRR run didn't look overly impressive - looks messy in my area with squall line intensifying as it crosses the MS River.

Reaction score
Mosier outlined an enhanced (10% hatch) tornado risk in the newest Day 2.

View attachment 24436

The forecast hodographs are nasty in that area. Fortunately right now mode looks to be a QLCS so long-track violent tornadoes do not appear likely, but with shear like this even a QLCS could certainly be capable of producing several strong tornadoes. SPC's latest discussion also does hint at the possibility of quasi-discrete supercellular elements forming out of the line; such as what happened in the early morning of November 6, 2005 resulting in the deadly Evansville, IN F3. Strong low-level shear can do weird things sometimes.

Attachments

• nam4km_2024032412_036_32.1--91.77.png
    nam4km_2024032412_036_32.1--91.77.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The forecast hodographs are nasty in that area. Fortunately right now mode looks to be a QLCS so long-track violent tornadoes do not appear likely, but with shear like this even a QLCS could certainly be capable of producing several strong tornadoes. SPC's latest discussion also does hint at the possibility of quasi-discrete supercellular elements forming out of the line; such as what happened in the early morning of November 6, 2005 resulting in the deadly Evansville, IN F3. Strong low-level shear can do weird things sometimes.
Plus mosier broyles get tad over zealous … still seeing a qlcs my eyes

Logo 468x120
Back