• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter WX Snow Threat on Tuesday (Jan 16, 2018)

MikeP

Reaction score
I'm stoked. Doesn't look as though Bham will have too many issues based on the lack of precip. I'm sure there will be some icy patches here and there but for the most part I'm happy with the result.

AL_ham_op

Reaction score
Yeah, looking like a bust for Birmingham. Not snowing here at all now. I don't see how this whole thing was a repeat of 2014.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
7eziyYCh.jpg

Some flakes on my windshield this afternoon

Kory

Reaction score
Fayette and Pickens Co roads are all impassible (I believe their schools are cancelled tomorrow). Hearing of ice on I-59/20 SW of Tuscaloosa.

Kory

Reaction score
What a bust this is.

LOL. We just went 10 minutes without a "in my back yard" post about under-performance. It was feeling weird so I went ahead and posted about it.

AL_ham_op

Reaction score
What a bust this is.

LOL. We just went 10 minutes without a "in my back yard" post about under-performance. It was feeling weird so I went ahead and posted about it.
It kind of is a bust isn't it though? Roads clear here. No heavy snow like North AL saw.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
What a bust this is.

Well, IMBY I saw barely a trace. It certainly wouldn't qualify as a dusting, but the signs were there last night.

I'd hardly call it a bust, though.

Kory

Reaction score
It kind of is a bust isn't it though? Roads clear here. No heavy snow like North AL saw.
Overall, amounts <1" were forecasted...that's what we got. Roads clear =/= forecast wasn't right. Road prepping/less traffic could be a factor. The event is still in progress for the southern half of the state.

If we went down to the backyard/neighborhood level for ANY forecast, you can find a bust.

AL_ham_op

Reaction score
JP Dice saying the main roads should all be fine tomorrow morning. Said parking Iots might be icy but that's about it.

Kory

Reaction score
A lot of that north of 20/59 is turning into virga. Some of the heavier returns are still making it to the ground. 24 degrees in TCL.

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm quite curious to see how the roads around Birmingham hold up. I'm flying in in a couple hours, and have to make a trek out I-20

AL_ham_op

Reaction score
From Spann's blog about an hour ago. Should this model hold true?

Attachments

• 1-16-2018-4-06-54-PM.png
    1-16-2018-4-06-54-PM.png
    547.5 KB · Views: 0
Logo 468x120
Back