• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Winter WX Snow Threat on Tuesday (Jan 16, 2018)

Evan

Reaction score
We've been having dandruff sized flakes here for about an hour now and everything that has melted on the road has dried up. I'm just not seeing the hype.

No one here is hyping anything. Just several people trying to patiently explain basic concepts to someone dead set on seeing it another way irrespective of facts, experience, and logic.

Kory

Reaction score
No one here is hyping anything. Just several people trying to patiently explain basic concepts to someone dead set on seeing it another way irrespective of facts, experience, and logic.
Yeah it's not like we're saying you should have a week's supplies of food and water (although it doesn't hurt) and you'll be trapped and left for dead. I just wouldn't advise driving. And boy, there are lots of people driving.

Evan

Reaction score
Base of the trough, as I mentioned earlier, is beginning to swing east. Providing enough lift to regenerate snow returns back in MS.

I expect it to fill back in nicely and create some really concentrated bands that any one of us would love to be under. All comes down to how quickly it does that, and where the heavier bands are as it temporarily slows/stalls. I still say most likely to be a bit East and South of 20/59 for the most potential, but as usual that 25-50 miles will be crucial.

Evan

Reaction score
I'm about to go get a pizza. Hopefully I don't get stuck in all of this "snow".

Relax.
I'm about to go get a pizza. Hopefully I don't get stuck in all of this "snow".

As the NWS forecast has always stated, the most significant impacts would occur wherever the heavier bands setup. No one ever promised that would occur in a specific town or part of a County. The trend for quite awhile now has been that an area SE of 20/59 would experience the highest totals.
I’m getting my best snow yet, so I’m gonna keep posting negative stuff.

Put in Tua.

Evan

Reaction score
Did someone say Tua?

There you go! If they'd just play Tua like we all know they should it would be a game changer.

AL_ham_op

Reaction score
Just got back from Domino's. Roads here are fine. Still dry in most places. Lots of people seem to be out and about.

Looks like North AL will be the big winners from this system.

Evan

Reaction score
December redux. Shelby county going to score again.

Derek00

Reaction score
Still nothing here in NE AL. It snowed for a couple of minutes and that was it. I'm guessing it's officially a bust for our area at this point?

Daryl

Reaction score
Still nothing here in NE AL. It snowed for a couple of minutes and that was it. I'm guessing it's officially a bust for our area at this point?
Just some flurries here,not even a dusting.Fine by me really,i'm hoping for an early spring.

Back