• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather Threat - November 3rd-6th, 2022

UK_EF4

Reaction score

Wow. First time I’ve seen some damage from this outbreak and thought “That’s violent”. Obviously NWS will have final say. I expect we will see more instances of damage like this as the Sun is now up.

atrainguy

Reaction score

Wow. First time I’ve seen some damage from this outbreak and thought “That’s violent”. Obviously NWS will have final say. I expect we will see more instances of damage like this as the Sun is now up.

It seems there are several slabbed homes in Powderly. Of course we'll have to see what the construction quality was if it was EF4 plus, but regardless a very strong tornado.

Bevo

Reaction score

SPC made a great call with the moderate upgrade. Unfortunately, some of the worst fall weather I've seen in memory.
I recall earlier in the thread someone mentioning if it seemed like these higher impact fall/winter events have become more common. I certainly think so. 12/26/15, 10/20/19, and 1/10/20 come to mind for this area.

Tanner

Reaction score
SPC made a great call with the moderate upgrade. Unfortunately, some of the worst fall weather I've seen in memory.
I recall earlier in the thread someone mentioning if it seemed like these higher impact fall/winter events have become more common. I certainly think so. 12/26/15, 10/20/19, and 1/10/20 come to mind for this area.

Nov. 4 2022 will be remembered as one of the greatest forecasted events by the SPC in my opinion…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanner

Reaction score

High end EF3 in Lamar County.

Prelim? I’m assuming since it took days to get feedback on the rating of the Pembroke Georgia EF4, a proper survey team would take the time to get it right. However, I don’t see preliminary in the statement…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanner

Reaction score
It’s NWS Fort Worth, and they are one of the most conservative survey teams. Even if those slabbed houses end up being well-built, I’m not expecting them to go above EF3 knowing their track record.

Obviously multiple violent candidates from this outbreak though.
Really? Are there any notable surveys that you would consider 'conservative' in recent years from the Fort Worth WFO?

Back