• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat: May 2-5, 2021

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That's a rather impressive debris ball and signature for that distance...

Jacob

Reaction score
It's odd how the southwestern storm has consistently had a stronger meso for the last half hour or so, but I've seen no indication that it has actually put down a tornado yet. Meanwhile, the northern circulation has had one on the ground for a solid half hour now.

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It seems like a bunch of small cells are starting to pop up between Birmingham, Montgomery and Atlanta, all moving NE.

Argus

Reaction score
Per TWC, there was damage in Elbert County, GA and per Tim Bryant from Cox Media, there was damage along Robert Hardeman Road east of Athens, which is between here and Athens.

Last edited:

Kragg

Reaction score
There’s a bunch of broad rotation in the cell that’s just west of Enterprise AL too. I wonder if it’s going to be able to tighten up.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
There's really nothing to release. Just that one short segment of frames is all there is to see.
I need to rig up a mount for one of my bigger camera bodies.
IMO you should still release whatever you have, even if the tornado is only visible for a few seconds. There's very little footage of the Tupelo tornado.

Kragg

Reaction score
Radar indicated Tornado South of Antietam and about to cross over the MD border.

Attachments

• B8A0B491-22DB-4C72-8555-6807F029CA5C.png
    B8A0B491-22DB-4C72-8555-6807F029CA5C.png
    651.9 KB · Views: 0
Back