• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat: May 2-5, 2021

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Very impressive couplet on the one near Athens, GA

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Severe t'storm watch issued for most of central AL/E MS

E0enH1-VUAAQaw0.jpg

Last edited:

buckeye05

Reaction score
I’m gonna be playing the area between Wichita Falls and Denton, TX. Today looks potentially significant, and I’m experiencing a mixture of fear and excitement rn.

Jacob

Reaction score
Storm that just crossed I-75 about halfway between Atlanta and Macon is pretty impressive at the moment.

Flyboy70

Reaction score
Screen grab from the GoPro, which is terrible in low light, near Tupelo last night. I was just south of the Arena/Elvis Birthplace exit on 45. There was very little lightning with these cells. This frame was illuminated by a power flash near downtown and you can barely make out the cone on the left side of the image. I screwed up my chase plan yesterday and went too far west in the Mississippi delta before I turned toward Greenwood. I had basically given up when the storms started dropping tors near Yazoo City then Jackson. Sat on I55/Hway 82 in Winona as that cell moved through but if there was anything it was rainwrapped.
GH140032.00_05_22_41.Still001.png

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
I’m gonna be playing the area between Wichita Falls and Denton, TX. Today looks potentially significant, and I’m experiencing a mixture of fear and excitement rn.
Good luck! From what I've gathered, today is a conditional day for sigtors in the NTX/SE OK area but man it is soupy outside and full sun here just southeast of Plano, TX. I had not been expecting to be so close to a 10%# TOR in the most recent update. Hail threat looking like the real deal too.

Argus

Reaction score
We are out of the warning now. Mostly rain here, and not much heaviness to the rain. STill watching that storm over Athens. If it goes tornadic, we'll have to remain in the shelter. Too wet to walk back to the office.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Screen grab from the GoPro, which is terrible in low light, near Tupelo last night. I was just south of the Arena/Elvis Birthplace exit on 45. There was very little lightning with these cells. This frame was illuminated by a power flash near downtown and you can barely make out the cone on the left side of the image. I screwed up my chase plan yesterday and went too far west in the Mississippi delta before I turned toward Greenwood. I had basically given up when the storms started dropping tors near Yazoo City then Jackson. Sat on I55/Hway 82 in Winona as that cell moved through but if there was anything it was rainwrapped.
View attachment 9436
Will you release the footage?

Back