• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat: May 2-5, 2021

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Terminal loop

TATL_-_Base_Reflectivity_Tilt_1_9_35_AM.gif

Last edited:

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
Inflow still seems to be feeding into it based on velocity (though reflectivity does show that more rain might be wrapping around the area of rotation). It's going to be in heavily populated areas for quite a while though so any continuation or cycling is not gonna be good either.

Jacob

Reaction score
Inflow still seems to be feeding into it based on velocity (though reflectivity does show that more rain might be wrapping around the area of rotation). It's going to be in heavily populated areas for quite a while though so any continuation or cycling is not gonna be good either.

Yeah I'm a bit concerned about that northern area with higher both inbound and outbound returns on the most recent images. Nothing tight there yet, but that area could easily produce a tornado near the 75/85 split if it tightens up in the next few minutes.

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It may have lifted just as it crossed I-285 and approaching the Florida Heights neighborhood. That neighborhood may have taken a hit, or I'm just seeing residual debris.

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I disagree. While they aren't empty like at 2am, the morning rush is over (especially with all the work remote from corona) and the lunch rush is just now beginning. North Dekalb and Gwinnett might have some more congested roads when this storm moves over them, but that should be it.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Definitely tightening back up between North Druid Hills and North Decatur. Passing very close to Emory University and the VA hospital.

mike36

Reaction score
That cell probably moved very close to my office in Villa Rica, GA before dropping that tornado just east of us.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Still nothing on CC and this velocity scan is less impressive than the last couple, so maybe it'll just cycle back down without producing.

Jacob

Reaction score
It may have lifted just as it crossed I-285 and approaching the Florida Heights neighborhood. That neighborhood may have taken a hit, or I'm just seeing residual debris.

Yeah I'm not sure it was on the ground as it crossed 285, if it was I don't think it was still doing a lot of damage. You can usually get a pretty clear signal from Google Maps traffic info where a storm crosses, and it is currently very clear where it tracked back towards the industrial areas to the SW where it first threw up a strong TDS, but there's no obvious on roads once you get near 285 or inside the loop that would indicate that a strong tornado passed through.

Back