• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat: May 2-5, 2021

Reaction score
Looks like another radar-indicated TOR warning popped up on the ex-Tupelo cell. Headed right for Florence/Muscle Shoals, Alabama. Velocity doesn't look that impressive (and there's no TDS) but there's still potential for something to be on the ground.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Oh boy my laptop picked the perfect day to quit working entirely after the screen shattered last month... good thing I use TalkWeather on my desktop and phone.

edit: nevermind I thankfully got the thing to boot up after many, MANY attempts. I do use GetNEXRAD, tornadohq and various other meteorology programs and sites on that computer, so would be a shame if the thing broke on me in the midst of a tornado outbreak.

Last edited:

cheestaysfly

Reaction score
Looks like another radar-indicated TOR warning popped up on the ex-Tupelo cell. Headed right for Florence/Muscle Shoals, Alabama. Velocity doesn't look that impressive (and there's no TDS) but there's still potential for something to be on the ground.
Yeah I was just about to climb into bed when the sirens went off (for Florence). I was all nice and relaxed and everything!

pritchlaw

Reaction score
People are slamming The Weather Channel for showing reality junk during the Tupelo tornado while WeatherNation covered it.

TWC is a joke. All global warming and on-air people who think they are the show. Cantori and Abrams are so goofy I can barely watch.

Clancy

Reaction score
Woken up by lots of thunder in the west ATL metro. For it being 9:30 in the morning here these are some healthy storms.

Brice Wood

Reaction score
I was watching the storm when it was heading for Calhoun City, the tds slowly but steadily grew, but when it went right over Calhoun it got really deep, hopefully no injuries or fatalities happened with this storm, especially late at night

Jacob

Reaction score
Brief unwarned couplet and TDS in Douglas county, GA it seems

FFC is really on the ball again this morning it appears. That current radar presentation is pretty impressive, and could put down a tornado at any time again.

Back