• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat: May 2-5, 2021

Reaction score
Keep an eye on the southern part of the cell; there's a noticeable kink in the velocity signature near Mantachie.

Also might be some rotational action in the cell near Webb and Glendora, both towns in western Mississippi. Unfortunately there's not really a radar in any close range to properly assess the rotation at the lower levels.

Jpgood97

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It’s headed straight for our hunting land is SW Colbert county. Have friends taking shelter in Tishomingo

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
People are slamming The Weather Channel for showing reality junk during the Tupelo tornado while WeatherNation covered it.

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
People are slamming The Weather Channel for showing reality junk during the Tupelo tornado while WeatherNation covered it.

I totally agree! People need to give them some grief for this. Disgusting at the climate crap and movies they run down our throat's and not show REAL WEATHER.

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
And they quickly removed the tweet looks like
I guess that person deleted his tweet. There are plenty of other people weighting in though.

Reaction score

Looks like it at least got switched over for cable users in the Tupelo/Columbus area while it was about to and moving through. Not sure if local TWC coverage is still on it, and unsure if local satellite subscribers saw the coverage.

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
First damage pics coming in from Tupelo. I'm afraid first light tomorrow morning will be bad.

Back