• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat January 23-25, 2023

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Look at the newest cips analog guidance, previous analogs and forecast guidance shows this only be a south of i20 corridor threat. Matches well with current forecast. I'f a threat is to materialize. I'll check the top analogs and have a looksy. Screenshot_20230121-072826-258.png

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I smell a bust coming lol, no way the warm sector makes it north of south Alabama lol, albeit the threat In south Alabama should be pretty potent.

KevinH

Reaction score
I am taking notes of everyone who is doubting the warm sector and calling for a bust. If the warm sector some how ends up moving north, (and/or the system possibly poses a more substantial threat), I am going to crack up. LOL!!!!! I am not a MET by any means but I LIVE here. This is ****DIXIE ALLEY**** and you know Dixie doesn’t always play by the “rules” and does surprising things (sometimes at the last minute).

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I am taking notes of everyone who is doubting the warm sector and calling for a bust. If the warm sector some how ends up moving north, (and/or the system possibly poses a more substantial threat), I am going to crack up. LOL!!!!! I am not a MET by any means but I LIVE here. This is ****DIXIE ALLEY**** and you know Dixie doesn’t always play by the “rules” and does surprising things (sometimes at the last minute).
I agree, I think there's still time for some major shifts, hopefully not we should get a better picture once this run completes.

Still a potent atmosphere if a northward shift is not realized. All it really takes is one devastating tornado to make it a very bad day.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
In other notes Kevin, you have potential for a few severe storms spin up tornadoes in your neck of the woods or near it tommorow lol, and also based on the 18z hrrr run the possibility of a few snow showers that won't stick to the ground could be possible near the bham area lol.

KevinH

Reaction score
In other notes Kevin, you have potential for a few severe storms spin up tornadoes in your neck of the woods or near it tommorow lol, and also based on the 18z hrrr run the possibility of a few snow showers that won't stick to the ground could be possible near the bham area lol.
Good to know SMDH

Thanks lol

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Lol I think it's time to look ahead to other weather events haha, this has turned into a poo poo major event. More and likely Got a Gulf hugging warm front.

Back