• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 5/25-5/26, 2024

jiharris0220

Reaction score

Man…. Got hit hard
What’s even more damning is that none of the damage looks particularly intense, but because the structures it hit were RV parks and aged wooden plank homes, this will end up being the deadliest single tornado so far in 2024.

Kds86z

Reaction score
What’s even more damning is that none of the damage looks particularly intense, but because the structures it hit were RV parks and aged wooden plank homes, this will end up being the deadliest single tornado so far in 2024.
Not sure if all those 7 are from rv park or gas station

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Going to reiterate this in here: whenever you have such copious amounts of low level storm relative helicity/shear and low level moisture, do not call bust until the front has passed.

Maxis_s

Reaction score
I'm MAD. This was in NWS Fort Worth's CWA. They didn't upgrade the tornado warning for at least half an hour. Shame on them.
And no, I don't care if the general public doesn't understand between 'radar-indicated', 'radar-confirmed' and 'PDS'. If that's true then why issue them to begin with?

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Some of the damage I've seen looks EF3-ish, and it's pretty widespread. You put a large tornado through resort/camping areas on Memorial Day Weekend at night and you're asking for big trouble.

slenker

Reaction score
People were quick to jump on the “bust” train. I’m not that surprised because of the way 2024’s been - the seemingly slam-dunk days of this year have never really verified, until now. Regardless, it isn’t something people should be doing, especially with the dynamics at play yesterday night.

Edit: didn’t see the above message that states what I just said but better, lol

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
People were quick to jump on the “bust” train. I’m not that surprised because of the way 2024’s been - the seemingly slam-dunk days of this year have never really verified, until now. Regardless, it isn’t something people should be doing, especially with the dynamics at play yesterday night.

Edit: didn’t see the above message that states what I just said but better, lol
Yeah simply not good idea call event to early
It looks like I might not get much sleep tonight as the MCS is not expected to roll through north Alabama until after midnight. It stinks this had to happen on a holiday weekend but at least I don’t have to go to work tomorrow with having Memorial Day off should I need to stay up and track tonight’s action.
yea , nocturnal tornado threat also shaping up. Early out ahead of the severe MCS…. Latest guidance really Amps up the lower level jet . Anything gets out ahead discrete look out , with cape pushing 4000kj…. Shear near 60kts

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Some of the damage I've seen looks EF3-ish, and it's pretty widespread. You put a large tornado through resort/camping areas on Memorial Day Weekend at night and you're asking for big trouble.
A replier on a YT vid reported his brother's next-door neighbors house was flattened by this, so yeah- likely EF-3

Back